Thursday, June 30, 2016

Caitlin // Wyoming Explorer

Oh hey there!

The name is Caitlin Jade, I'm 21 years young, and the baby of my family.

Being outside and exploring wherever I can is definitely my favorite thing to do. I've got a serious case of wanderlust and I wouldn't have it any other way. Right now I'm living in Logan and going to school at Utah State, and if I could be a student there forever I would. I love it there.

I grew up in a family that went on one vacation a year, and that was camping. Most of my earliest, favorite, memories are of sleeping in a tent and roasting s'mores.

I'm also a runner. That's another thing I love doing outside. My favorite one that I've done so far has got to be the Ogden half-marathon, since so much of the course was in the canyon and it was so scenic to run through. I have a goal to do one half-marathon a year, and starting next year I want to travel to each different race to continue adventuring to different places.

My latest adventures have included going to Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Goblin Valley. It was my first time being to all of those places this past Spring Break and let me tell ya, it was incredible.

Here are some pictures of some of the neat places I've seen lately.




How Exploring Pangea Has Changed My Perspective; and a Glance into My Life

Let's rewind time to about a year ago, I went through the hardest time in my life. I found myself signing divorce papers to end my one year marriage.

21 years old and divorced? That's one place I never thought my life would take me. That's something life has taught me the hard way. You don't get to choose some things you go through, and it's completely your choice how you let it change you.

I didn't feel like myself. For a little bit there I stopped being with people that made me happy, and doing things that made me happy. It was so weird, it felt like my life had completely stopped, but everyone else kept going with theirs.

The weather started warming up, and my brother and I went on a hike one day. It was then that I realized that being outside and exploring was something that was actually really therapeutic to me.
I've been able to satisfy a little of my wanderlust from exploring places around me and going on adventures. I am stoked to have this opportunity to be an Ambassador for Pangea Explorers Club because being outside and active really changed my life for the better when I was going through a really dark time.

Guys, life can get really rough sometimes. And like I said above, you choose how it changes you. Don't just take my word for it, when you're stressed or feeling down, get outside and get in touch with nature and this incredible world we live on.

Let's all get outside, and go see something we haven't seen yet.

Explore on, explorers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment