Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Braden // Hawaii Explorer

Aloha, Hola, Hello!  My name is Braden Geddes (pronounced like lettuce) and I'm from Cedar Hills, Utah.  As well I have lived in Hawaii and Arkansas.  I can tell you that those three places are all very different, but each one of them has had so much to offer.  I have always loved to be outdoors and enjoy the fresh air.  But I never truly took advantage of what was around me until I lived on my own.  

After graduating from high school I decided to buy a moped and attend school in the great state of Hawaii. This ended up being one of the best decisions of my life.  My brother had lived out there for four years and had made a list of things that I could do when I was there.  I started doing a few of that things on that list (mainly hikes) and that’s when I realized how cool the outdoors and all the beauty that God has surrounded us with is.  From that I made the goal that every single week that I was there I was going to do something awesome whether it was hiking, cliff jumping, skydiving it was going to be done!  Rain or shine we hiked and enjoyed the scenery of the island. 

By the end of it basically everything had been checked off and the list had grown quite a bit as well.  Since then I haven't looked back. In so doing this I became a much happier person and had constant desire to go on a new adventure and see what there was to offer.  I would sit in class just anxious waiting for the next hike. I felt so much more fulfilled and as well I met a lot of great friends along the way.  I would also met people who would complain about how there was nothing to do or how bored they were.  I believe that we can make the best out of anything, and I think that comes from taking advantage of the outdoors rather than being in front of a screen all day.  This world has so much to offer, we can't just sit around thinking about all the things we could be doing, and we got to start doing them.

 Hiking and exploring is now something that brings me lots of peace, and it always makes for a great day when I can be out in nature.  As well I love hitting up the course for a round of golf.  Especially because I have worked at a golf course for a significant amount of time.  After coming back from Hawaii I was able to explore a lot more than I had before in Utah and other places.  I also developed a passion for boating, wakeboarding. and basically anything else that's thrilling.  Some have called me an adrenaline junky, I just call it having a good time! 

I'm really looking forward to being part of the Pangea explorers club and the concept that's behind the company.  As well being part of such a great community.  Half the experience of all the adventures that I've been on is the great people that I've gone with. If you're ever having a bad day or feeling down, just get outside, head to the mountains and enjoy what there is to offer.  The air is better out there anyways!  Safe travels!  







No comments:

Post a Comment